Having a coherent digital marketing strategy is important if you want your eCommerce strategy to succeed. A marketing strategy is a must for any company, so make sure that your eCommerce marketing always has a good plan beneath it as its foundation. Here are the seven best digital marketing strategies for eCommerce you can use for your campaigns.
#1 AI as The Foundation
The first thing you can do is use Artificial Intelligence as the foundation for your eCommerce digital marketing strategy. This will ensure that your actions are calculated by specialised programs as accurately as possible rather than being predicted by your human employees. Of course, you should still remember that AI applications can sometimes be inaccurate, so you still need to check everything yourself.
To integrate AI into your campaign, you can start using it for chatbots and smart ads. Chatbots will provide fast and relatively cheap customer support. Smart ads allow your potential customers to interact with the ads making the experience more effective than it would be with regular ads. Another way to use AI is by using an app that automatically recognises images of your products online and notifies you about them.
#2 Video Marketing
Video content has proven to be very successful when used for different purposes – it works well when you want to educate your audience, but it is also effective for entertaining your customers. This is why so many eCommerce business owners love using videos as the key type of content in their digital marketing campaigns. Here are some things to remember about video marketing:
- Always create well-written scripts before you start filming your videos. You can have an in-house writer who writes these or you can hire a freelancer from a writing services review site like Best Writers Online who will do it instead.
- Make sure you have good equipment to film and edit your videos. Both the image and the sound are important, so make sure that everything is recorded properly.
- Cover topics that are truly important for your audience. But at the same time, make sure that these topics are relevant to your niche.
#3 Chatbots and Live Chats
Having good customer support is one thing but priding yourself on it and advertising it as the distinctive characteristic of your business is a completely different tactic. In fact, it can be considered a separate digital marketing strategy because it makes your campaigns completely different from anything else. And, of course, the best way to deliver timely customer support is by using chatbots and live chats.
As mentioned earlier, chatbots are usually powered by AI, but live chats are more complicated. You will need to have a dedicated customer support team that will be using live chats 24/7 to communicate with potential and existing customers. Considering that customer support expectations are growing, it is essential that you constantly look for ways to improve the customer service you are currently offering.
Retargeting is all about managing to capture your customers’ attention – but only of those who are genuinely interested in your brand. By using retargeting as the foundation of your digital marketing strategy, you will be able to spend your resources, time, and efforts only on the people who have a bigger chance of becoming your customers. Here’s how retargeting works step by step:
- First, a user visits your website – even for a moment – and gets cookies from your website that will now be stored in the user’s browser.
- Next, the user continues browsing and visiting other websites. It doesn’t really matter what kind of websites these are as long as they have spaces for ads.
- Then, the cookies are detected, and the ad spaces start displaying the ads you have paid for advertising your website and reminding the user about your company.
- In the end, the user should end up visiting your website again or at least considering it for a moment.
#5 Focus on UGC
UGC or user-generated content is the content your potential and existing customers post on social media platforms. Sometimes, they will directly tag your brand. Other times, they will only mention it. But in both cases, you need to make sure that your social media managers notice this content and respond to it in some way. By doing this, you bring your audience interactions to the forefront and focus on UGC more.
Of course, you can always hire a freelancer from a writing services review site like Online Writers Rating who will create your brand content, but you still need to curate at least some UGC content by reposting it on your social media accounts. Another way to respond to UGC is by commenting under posts, encouraging UGC by starting dedicated hashtags and contests, and so on.
#6 Product Customisation
Another great eCommerce digital marketing strategy is product customisation. It’s more of a combination of different techniques that lead to your products being at the forefront of your marketing. Here are some tactics to use for product customisation:
- You can personalise the product promotions you send to your customers by email by looking at their past activity (e.g. if they viewed or bought a face cream, they might be interested in a hand cream).
- You can add the option of filtering products on your website to allow your potential customers to view only the products they are interested in (e.g. the latest releases in a particular price range of a certain product category).
- You can let your customers put together their own gift boxes (e.g. they select five different products and then select the option of “gift packaging”; you create a gift box that contains the products they have purchased).
#7 Focus on Social Proof
Last but not least, social proof is a very powerful tool when it comes to persuading your customers. This is why focusing on social proof can really enhance your digital marketing strategy. UGC can act as a form of social proof, but you still need to collect reviews and feedback to send out in your emails and post on your website showing that you are a legitimate eCommerce brand with a good reputation.
To sum up, a successful eCommerce marketing strategy depends on how well you execute the plan you have set up for your campaign. Choose the best strategy from this list and take your digital marketing to a new level.